TITLE: PUNSAA Administrator and IT Officer
PURPOSE: To provide effective day to day administration support for PUNSAA
REPORTING TO: PUNSAA Executive Director
KEY RELATIONS: PUNSAA Board of Directors
Saferworld Somalia Program team
CONTRACT PERIOD: One Year renewable with 3 months of probation period
The Puntland Non-state Actors Association “PUNSAA” was formed in 2008 with EC and DFID support. The PUNSAA and its partner Saferworld will implement new project aiming to promote civil societies and Non-state Actors (NSAs) participation in the democratization process in Puntland.
The PUNSAA aim broadly is to influence policy making on peace, security and development. However, the currently supported action aims to build on the structures and capacity of the various Non-state Actors in Puntland. These structures include a wide variety of NSAs, from local community-based organizations to the business community, and different categories of professionals, including teachers, lawyers and doctors spread across the regions of Puntland.
Therefore, The Project Administrator will play a key role in supporting the implementation of the new 3-year phase of the NSA Program. He/she will focus upon developing and maintaining effective information and document management system for PUNSAA platform
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supervise support staff.
- interpret and advise on employment legislation;
- Interpret personnel policy intent and/or acceptable management practices to ensure fair and consistent application of PUNSAA policy; develop other necessary policies and procedures in accordance with PUNSAA bylaws
- Facilitate travel through booking tickets for staff and ensuring they have all the necessary documents
- Support staff secure venues for their planed workshops/meetings
- Provide stationery for official use
- Follow up to ensure timely submission of Appraisal/Performance Agreement by staffs
- Ensure that vehicle management reports are written on time and submitted to the Executive director
- Facilitating staffs/consultants coming to PUNTLAND for their food and accommodation as well travel arrangements.
- Undertake authorized purchases of project items
- Maintain a proper record of expenditures, receipts and PO forms, Quote Evaluations.
- Ensure items and equipment are stored securely
- Keep stock cards and inventory records up to date and facilitate regular stock counts
- Review procurement procedures and suggest changes to improve practices.
- Assess the quantity of materials required to execute the activities
- Maintain an adequate inventory of office supplies and to maintain the asset register and security marking.
- Prepare all requests for purchases of goods/services in accordance of procurement policy and procedures
- Issuing the purchase order form approved by the Executive Director
- After the delivery has been checked and found in good order, receipt must be noted on the R/R form
- Report monthly on all logistics activities
- Fixed Assets
- Constantly update the Fixed Asset Register for the project.
- Ensure that all assets are recorded as soon as purchased (i.e. prior to being disbursed to the staffs for use).
- Configuration and installation of the communication Equipments Mainly computers and Laptops.
- Inventory of all ICT equipments in the office on a monthly basis(ICT Asset tracking)
- Creating LAN users, add network printers and related troubleshooting;
- Installation and configuration of new equipment and systems and corrective actions in case of failure,
- Monitor and log all incoming/outgoing communications,
- Daily Monitoring all ICT equipments and ensuring that they are in good condition
- Repairing all damaged computers in the offices
- Monitor the connectivity status in the office in case of anomalies
- Be responsible for and maintaining an inventory of IT infrastructure in relation to all IT Assets (Computers, Laptops, Printers, Digital Camera, LCD, Switch, UPS, Routers, Software Licenses copies etc).
- Undertake routine and regular maintenance of computers and accessories and ensure that all computers, printers and other accessories in all offices are in good working condition at all times.
- Ensure that adequate measures are made to protect equipment from power surges or similar threats.
- Liaise with Saferworld Nairobi office and service providers for maintenance support, as and when necessary.
Email, LAN & Internet Connectivity and Communication Products
- Monitor the use of bandwidth and ensure that VSAT/BGAN system is secure and functioning effectively. Liaise with service providers on issues of connectivity and support
- Set up an effective email/electronic data transfer system and provide training to staff on the use of software and equipment.
- Develop and implement policy for data backup and recovery.
- Take necessary steps to protect internal communication and data from unauthorized dissemination or access.
- Update regularly the PUNSAA website and upload relevant documents for communication purposes.
- Developing and maintaining effective information and document management system, including filing incoming and outgoing communications both on paper and on computer systems and identifying gaps and make recommendations for improvement.
- Assist in the planning, preparation and coordination of meetings and prepare correspondence (invitations), materials for publications and presentations and professional accurate timely reports either pre or post workshop.
- Make arrangements including venue, date, times and hospitality for the meetings and arrange travel and accommodation expenses.
- Receive and accommodate PUNSAA guests from in and outside the country.
- Communicate with PUNSAA members in the different regions of Coverage area when necessary.
- Create, transcribe, and distribute staff meeting agendas, take the minutes of meetings and write up as soon as possible after the meeting
- Maintain files of legal documents such as constitutions, leases and titles and develop other necessary internal policy and procedures in accordance with PUNSAA’s bylaws.
- Perform any other duties complementary to the work described herein.
- Diploma level in Computer Science and or Business Administration
- Proven experience in Administration
- 3 years working experience with an International Organization providing Administration and IT support services.
- Experience in flight coordination.
Fluency in spoken and written English and Somali languages
PUNSAA is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender and culture. Individuals from minority groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
To apply: Please email covering letter detailing how you meet the selection criteria along with your CV to this e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org. OR bring your file to PUNSAA main office in Garowe. Please do not attach any of your other supporting documents unless asked by the Panel.
Deadline for applications: 7 March, 2012
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.